Thursday, February 5, 2009

Art Meeting

I met with Xuan today to swap some ideas about design, plot, and art. She liked most of the things I suggested: the Intergalactic Bureau of Locating Obstacles in the Universe (I.B.L.O.U.), localized damage, skill trees, the storyboard for the tutorial prologue, the open-ended world design, the big plot twist that I can't talk more about. Then she showed me some concept art for space suits; they were pretty wicked. I like that our game will essentially be Fallout 3, Mass Effect, and Bioshock all tossed into a blender. Since we're combining our favorite aspects from three of the greatest action/RPG's of all time, we really can't go wrong, right? Then Xuan showed me some of the photoshop work she had done. The dark planet scene looked awesome, but due to a discrepancy in the contrast of the monitor, I couldn't appreciate the full beauty of her second picture because certain parts of the image weren't being displayed. But it's kinda good that it happened that way because now we know to look out for that.

Unfortunately Xuan and I couldn't get much work done on the system or the setting or anything concrete like that. All we've really done is come up with some cool ideas and art. Our inability to design the game stems in part from our team's unanimous decision to incorporate RPG aspects into the gameplay. I was thrilled with this idea, but our group hasn't had a chance to meet together and talk about what exactly we mean to do. Xuan and I thought it would be presumptuous for us to decide such important aspects like the plot and the system just by ourselves, so we decided to call a team meeting tomorrow so we can nail down all the important details as a group. This is a team project, so everyone should have a say, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment